Saturday, July 20, 2013

Forget

I wrote this 5 years ago but I would say that it's still true of me today. Even though I was overly obsessed with using ... to separate my thoughts. I guess I was trying to be like Rob Bell? Ouch! 

"i did...and i do...all the time. i forget about my Savior all the time. i forget about the importance of living the Kingdom now...like loving my neighbor or even my wife. i forget the important things and remember the pointless things...all the time. 

my excuse is the church. yes, they taught me to be like this. but...what a lame excuse. 

Christ came to this earth to redeem all of it. Christ came to redeem my forgetfulness. 

there is this process going on in all who call God "Father." that process is salvation. as children of God we are consistantly and continually on this journey of becoming. becoming redeemed through the blood of Christ. become the people God created us to be in Christ. and this is what i forget all the time. i forget who i am and what i have in Christ...now...in the present...continually. let us live now and in present. as we are being molded as we journey through the process of becoming."

No comments:

Post a Comment